Arctic tourism businesses,
tourism associations or multi-stakeholder groups are invited
to apply for the “WWF Arctic Tourism & Conservation
Grant 2006”. The WWF Arctic Tourism & Conservation
Grant provides start-up funding of up to 10 000 Swiss francs
for projects which establish or improve links between tourism
and arctic conservation.
In order to be eligible, the grant-seeking
- demonstrate, create or improve benefits from tourism
towards arctic conservation
- be sustainable (be environmental-friendly, and –
where applicable – socially responsible and economical
- address a conservation concern
- have an educational component
- be located in the northern regions of the arctic countries.
The deadline for the application is December
16, 2006, and applications should be submitted in English,
but exemptions can be made on request.
For more information and to apply for the
grant, go to www.panda.org/arctic/tourism
or contact Miriam Geitz (email@example.com)
at the WWF International Arctic Programme.